Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paperwork and Wait Again

So after the thrill of Match Day - a day I spent literally falling in love with an emailed photo of our daughter - what happens next?  Its kinda like scoring the winning touchdown after 5 long years of not being a contender, the "high" from the victory is suddenly overridden by paperwork and deadlines and another "queue" to wait in - SIGH.

Some of the highlights since Match Day:

1)  Found recent photos of our daughter's orphanage taken last Fall through a yahoo group for families who have adopted from Suichuan (sway-chwan) SWI!
2)  The orphanage appears to be very clean!  The babies in the photos look very healthy!
3)  The babies in the photos look like my peanut and the other 4 babies referred on 2/24 & 2/25!!  We really believe we are seeing our babies - too too cool!!!!!
4)  Found a pediatrician that I love!  She has an extensive background in IA and adopted her 3 children from Guatemala.  All of my concerns she readily addressed.  Fingers crossed on this one - almost too good to be true!
5)  Passport photos - check; VISA application sent - check; Agency papers notarized, copied & sent along with SWI fee - check!!
6)  Purchased red envelopes & red gift bags, jelly belly jelly beans, 3 ballcaps featuring local ball teams - not finished yet - I plan to add lipsticks & chocolate, maybe a couple of ties - this gift-giving thing is a bit of a mystery so in my usual style I will probably overdo it :)
7)  Purchased travel sized toiletries & Febreeze b/c someone stated in a travel forum that they took it and it was much needed to abate the constant smoke odor that permeates China
8)  Read travel forum daily, review RQ 2006 forum daily, check temperature histories in Beijing, Nanchang, Guangzhou, Hong Kong
9)  And wait.
10)  And worry.  I hate to add that one but its an anxious time - I won't list the worries but they are many & I'm holding my breath a little about everything.
11)  Daydream about the future with my beautiful daughter!

But it is a beautiful Spring day and I'm publishing this post now so I can enjoy it! 

Hugs!!

No comments: