Tuesday, July 03, 2007

One and a half months down and the same to go....

It's July 3rd and I last posted in December, 2006. What's happened on the ADOPTION FRONT since then?? Well, they have referred a whopping one and a half months of the year 2005 since Jan. 3, 2007. And, the good news is, we still have one and a half months to go to clear the year 2005 - HEY, THAT'S THE YEAR WE STARTED ALL OF THIS!! And we know, at least I know, that the upcoming months of 2006 are LARGER than these months in terms of number of dossiers to review. SIGH.

It's not that I don't want to post, its what the h-e-double hockey sticks can I possibly add??

On the home front, we ADOPTED a new Sheltie to our family. Her name is Princess and she is a rescue who is 5 yrs old. I call her my "crazy" dog for her nervous, neurotic, "please love me" behavior. She is sweet but she does not like 1) sneezing, 2) motorcycles, and 3) our cat Spice - that which is reciprocal. We now have upstairs pet and downstairs pet. Murray, our mature Sheltie, is far too sophisticated for this nonsense and will go where he pleases, thank you.

I have been working, back at my sister's mortgage company which is where I started when I moved here. KNOCK ON WOOD, she is making it through all of this mortgage meltdown. The reason is because she didn't do those risky loans - thank the Lord. We are actually busy, busy, BUSY!

Tom and I are going on three vacations for the remainder of the year. The first, we're just taking a few days off and enjoying ATL with our family - doing the touristy stuff. Next, we're going to FL in September for a week on Cape San Blas. Then, in October, we're going on a cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate our 25 year High School Reunion - I am so excited! We had so much fun at our 20th!

TA TA for now, we're going to grab a bite at Fishbowl - its 1/2 price bottle wine tonight and we're childless and no work tomorrow - so why not?!