Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Ba-a-a-ack!

It is now January 25, 2011 and we are literally DAYS from MATCH DAY!  Its time to pick up the blog to give me something to do while these remaining days before GOTCHA DAY!  How close are we now?  Our Log-In-Date is June 8, 2006.  On December 17, 2010, CCAA has matched through May 29, 2006.  Yes we are literally that close and that far away!!  Rumors this morning indicate matches won't occur until after Chinese New Year which begins February 3.  Experience has taught me not to put too much into rumors at this stage - there are too many days between today and Feb 3rd, but it does dampen my spirits of course.

Let's re-acquaint.  I and my husband are first-time parents waiting for our precious baby from China.  This process began November 11, 2005 with our agency application so I consider this date as the beginning.  What have we been doing since then?  After the paper-chase, which is the term for gathering the required documents for our dossier, we have simply gone to work, saved money, taken vacations, improved our home, lost two beloved pets, cultivated wonderful friendships, updated our fingerprints three times, and become older. 

Fingerprint update #4 is scheduled for next week ~ sigh.   Our laser-read fingerprints, completed at our local USCIS, cost almost $900.  Fortunately, USCIS has allowed our 2nd & 4th fingerprints to be updated gratis - but we still had to update our home study, which is not. 

I'm revamping my blog page and will include nursery photos soon!  I'm thrilled that every thing I've been picking up here and there along the way have come together in such an adorable way :)